The Assistive Technology Center provides resources, services, and support related to assistive technology for students with disabilities. The ATC’s primary goal is to ensure that students with disabilities have equal access to educational opportunities by offering assistive technology solutions and related services.
The ATC Staff offer a variety of services custom to the needs of our students, including:
- Consultations to assess AT needs
- Training and Support for using technology effectively
- Equipment Loans
- Accessible Software
- Technical Support and Troubleshooting
- Collaboration with school’s Faculty, Instructional Design, and Information Technology staff to ensure equal access to course content
What is Assistive Technology?
Assistive Technology (AT) can be any item, piece of equipment, or system used to increase, maintain, or improve access to information or facilities.
Types of Assistive Technology include:
- Screen Readers
- Assistive listening devices
- Accessibility features of general technology