________________________ has affiliated with Student Disability Services as a student with a disability and is approved to record class lectures or offices hours (or may receive recorded versions of them if recording are provided for the course) as an accommodation for their personal study use only. In accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended, the purpose of this accommodation is to give the student effective access to course content.
After this accommodation has been discussed with and agreed to by the faculty member, and the modification includes recording a lecture, class, or activity, the student will sign this form to confirm they will follow this Recorded Lecture Agreement.
For the purpose of this agreement, a recording shall consist of: an audio replication recorded on devices including, but not limited to, audio recorders, cellular phones, MP3 players, computers and other handheld devices that record sound as well as recordings prepared using other methods for the class as a whole.
Conditions of the agreement:
- All students in the class as well as guest speakers will be informed by the instructor that permission was granted for audio recording to occur. The instructor will maintain the confidentiality of the student.
- Lectures recorded for this reason may not be shared with other people without the consent of the lecturer. Recording of lectures or class presentations is solely authorized for the purposes of this individual.
- Recorded lectures may not be used in any way against the faculty member, other lecturers or students whose classroom comments are taped as part of the class activity.
- Permission to allow the recording is not a transfer of any copyrights in the recording. The recording may not be reproduced or uploaded to publicly accessible web environments.
- Recordings, course materials, and lecture notes may not be exchanged or distributed for commercial purposes, for compensation, or for any other purpose other than study by the students named above.
- Students must destroy recordings at the end of the semester in which they are enrolled in the class.
- Public distribution of such materials may constitute copyright infringement in violation of federal or state law, or University policy. Violation of this agreement may subject a student to disciplinary action.
The student must sign this agreement on request of the faculty member before lectures can be recorded. It is the responsibility of the student to notify the instructor that they may be recording the lectures due to their disability.
One copy of the agreement will be kept in the student’s confidential file, along with their disability documentation within Disability Services. A copy of the signed agreement will be provided to the instructor to keep in his/her personal files.
RECORDED LECTURE AGREEMENT
I, ____________________________________________, have read and understand the Recorded Lecture Agreement and I pledge to abide by the conditions of the agreement with regard to any lectures I record or any recordings I receive while enrolled as a student at Johns Hopkins University.
Signature of Student _____________________________________________________
I agree to let the above named student record the following class: __________________________ for this semester only.
_________________________________ ______________________________ __________
Instructor’s Name Instructor’s Signature Date